transfering residency visa from one passport to another
- Author- Aarohi
- Publish Date-
If you are a citizen of a foreign country and live in the UAE, you may be able to transfer your residency visa from one passport to another. However, if you want to move to another country and continue living there, you may need to apply for a new residency visa. This process is often done if you are moving to a new location or if your current residence has changed. You will need to contact the embassy or consulate of the country you are moving to or you can apply online and ask for authorization to transfer your residency visa.
Once they have given you approval, you will need to complete the appropriate paperwork and present it at the UAE Embassy or Consulate when applying for a new resident visa. They will help you get started and inform you about any required paperwork. The process is usually straightforward and takes about two months to complete. There are some exceptions, however, so be sure to check with the embassy or consulate in your home country for more information.
There are several factors to consider when deciding whether to transfer your residency visa. The cost of process can be expensive, and it can take a significant amount of time. Additionally, you will need to meet certain eligibility requirements in order to qualify for a visa transfer.
How to transfer a residency visa?
- Application for the transfer of the visa: The first step for applying for a transfer a visa is to submit an application for a new passport through valid resources:
- You can go to a typing center.
- You can also go to ICA near you.
- You can also opt for the GDRFA website.
- Make the necessary payment: The next step is to make the necessary payments that allow the successful transfer of a residence visa to a brand-new passport. The amount varies based on your region.
- You have to contact the courier service: Within 14 days after you've paid for the service, an immigration authority will confirm receipt of payment and will send you a text. The confirmation will also have an AWB number, which you need to send to the courier company to assist you in receiving it.
Next, offer them a contact number to contact them if you have to have your passports picked up by a particular time and/or place from your address. If necessary, get in touch with Empost to have a visas-in-exile issue in other regions taken care of.
Both passports are completed on the service's side and processed after return to you. This includes a brand new passport with your move to a new visa.
What documents are required?
In advance, you'll need these documents to apply properly.
- Your passport size photograph. It should be clear and colored.
- Photocopy of both your old and new passport.
- You are required to submit the original ID of your sponsor.
Those who work for a specific company on a visa will have to provide additional information.
- You have to submit a copy of the license no and the license of your trade.
- You have to submit your immigration Id card.
- Then you have to submit your immigration password and the user id of the company,
Fees associated with residency visa transfers
The cost of a residency visa transfer can be high; however, in some cases, it may be worth the expense. Residency visas are typically valid for two years and can be used to move to another country. The process of obtaining a residency visa can be complex and time-consuming, so it's important to choose the right company to help with the process.
For example, the fees for your residence in Dubai are contingent on the time duration of your residence agreement. The cost of the UAE residence visa for a year is around AED 1,000.
Benefits of transferring a residency visa
There are many benefits to transferring a residency visa. Transferring a residency visa can:
- Secure your new home country as your permanent residence.
- Make it easier to live and work in your new home country.
- Save you time and money on obtaining visas and permits.
- Fast-track the process of becoming a citizen or resident of your new home country.
- Obtain a certificate of good conduct.
- Obtain a valid work permit.
- Obtain your tax refund faster
In conclusion, if you are a foreigner with a residency visa in your passport and you plan to leave the country, it is important to follow the steps necessary to transfer your visa to your new passport. By doing so, you will avoid any potential problems or issues, and you will be on your way to a smooth transfer.