residency visa for dubai
- Author- Aarohi
- Publish Date-
The UAE residence visa is the permit that allows a non-UAE-based individual to reside in the country for long durations. There are 5 types of UAE residence visas, and each of them has different eligibility criteria. You must fulfill these criteria to get the visa. A UAE Residence Visa is required for foreigners who wish to reside and work in the UAE for an extended period.
A UAE residency visa comes with several advantages, including:
- You can open a bank account.
- A bank loan is a possibility (personal or car loan).
- Several nations are visa-free for you.
- Your kids can go to public or private schools.
- A driver's license can be obtained.
- Government health services and health insurance are available to you.
Types of UAE residency visas
UAE student visa: If you get admission to a school or university you can apply for a UAE student visa.
UAE work visa: If you plan to open or expand your business in the UAE or your company is moving you to their branch in Dubai then you can apply for a UAE work visa, after obtaining a valid work permit for the country.
UAE family visa: This visa is issued to a close family member of a UAE citizen like their spouse, parents, etc.
UAE retirement visa: This is a visa issued to senior citizens who are hoping to retire in UAE and have the financial means to do so.
UAE investment visa (long-term resident visa): This is given to foreign nationals who invest significantly in the UAE like buying land etc. This visa is for a longer period than other types of resident visas (up to ten years).
Eligibility criteria for UAE residence visas
Several supporting papers are required when applying for a UAE residence visa, including:
- The UAE Visa Application Form may be purchased online or in a local typing center.
- Your authentic passport.
- Two passport-size photographs, as required by UAE visa photo requirements.
- Your visa for entrance.
- Proof of your sponsor's lawful residency/citizenship in the United Arab Emirates.
- You must provide proof of passing a medical fitness test.
- Evidence of UAE health insurance.
- Include documentation of family links, such as birth/marriage certificates, when applying for a family visa.
- Your sponsor must submit proof of your employment, or family relations to validate your visa.
You may be required to submit some additional documents depending on the visa you’re applying for and you will need to undergo a mandatory physical fitness test before getting your residence visa approved.
Who are the sponsors?
When you are applying for a UAE residence visa your sponsor is either a person or an institution that is proof of your legal eligibility to enter and stay in the country. It is possible that in some cases you are your sponsor.
- Your company is your sponsor for a UAE Work Visa.
- Your school or university is your sponsor for a UAE Student Visa.
- Your family member is your sponsor for a UAE Family Visa.
- If you are an investor or a property buyer in the UAE, you can apply for sponsorship using your company or property.
What is the application process for a UAE residence visa?
The application process for the UAE residence visa is fairly simple. Firstly you must have all the mandatory documents at hand.
STEP 1: You acquire all the mandatory legal documents.
STEP 2: After that, you need to go to an authorized typing center.
STEP 3: At the typing center you need to hand over the documents.
STEP 4: The people at the typing center will scan all the documents and fill the forms.
STEP 5: Once your immigration application has been approved by the embassy you will receive a message of confirmation on your mobile number.
Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates (UAE) (UAE). As a result, obtaining a Dubai Residence Visa is similar to obtaining one in any other UAE emirate.
To live in Dubai or any of the other 7 emirates, you must have a proper reason and must fulfill all legal obligations. With a clean track record and a reliable sponsor, getting a UAE residence visa.