difference in dubai tourist visa and residence visa
- Author- Ayushi
- Publish Date-
People often ask if it is necessary to have a tourist visa or residence visa to visit Dubai. The answer is, it depends on your nationality and the purpose of your visit.
Different nations have different requirements for visiting Dubai. The Dubai tourist visa and residence visa are two different types of visas that are available to individuals who want to visit or live in Dubai. A tourist visa is a short-term visa that is issued for a stay of 6 months or less, and a residence visa is a long-term visa that is issued for a stay of more than 6 months. The main difference between the two visas is the permission that they give for you to stay in Dubai.
This article contains all the helpful information regarding Dubai residence visas and Dubai tourist visas. Read this article to find out all about it. After reading the article, you can decide which one is the better-suited visa for you and register for that visa.
Dubai Residence Visa
A Dubai residency visa is provided to a foreigner who has already reached the nation using an entrance permit. Only sponsors who satisfy the conditions of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) may request a foreigner a residence visa.
A resident visa requires the individual being sponsored to take a medical examination and demonstrate that he or she is medically healthy, as well as clear a security screening.
The length of the trip on a residence visa differs depending on the category and sponsor. It might be for a year, two years, or three years.
The GDRFA will stamp the passport with a resident visa allowing him to move easily in and out of the UAE for the term of the visa, given the length of the trip does not cross six months, or the residence visa will be immediately canceled.
A residency visa for the UAE provides the bearer with several advantages, including:
- You have the option of opening a bank account.
- You can obtain a bank loan (personal or car loan)
- You have visa-free travel to several countries.
- Your children can join either public or private schools.
- You can obtain your driver's license.
- You can get government health care and health insurance.
Who is Eligible FOR A Dubai Residence Visa?
To be eligible for a UAE Residence Visa, you must fall into one of the below classifications:
- You will be working in the UAE, either for a government office or for a private enterprise.
- You will attend a UAE educational institution to study.
- You are a dependent of a UAE national or foreign citizen (child, parent, maid, or a close relative)
- You have invested money in the United Arab Emirates.
- You have acquired real estate in the UAE.
- You plan on retiring in the UAE.
Requirements For a Dubai Residence Visa
You should have various relevant papers while filing for a UAE Residence Visa, including:
- The UAE Visa Application form may be accessed online or in a typing center.
- Your authentic passport
- Two passport-sized photographs, following UAE visa photo criteria
- Your visa for entrance
- Evidence of your sponsor's lawful residency/citizenship in the UAE
- Evidence that you have cleared a medical fitness test
- Evidence of UAE health insurance coverage
- Include documentation of family links, such as birth/marriage documents, when applying for a family visa.
- Your sponsor must submit the job contract as well as copies of the company's legitimate trade license and a valid firm card when applying for a work visa.
Read Also: Know More Of Dubai Visit Visa Requirements
Dubai Tourist Visa
Individuals who want to reside in Dubai for longer than 14 days for travelling, can request a tourist visa. A tourist visa to Dubai can be acquired for 30 or 90 days and transformed into a work or residency visa. In addition to the visa cost, a payment from a local sponsor, family, or other resident is necessary, which is repaid after the visitor safely exits the nation in the event of a trip to the UAE. When seeking a tourist visa, you must analyze your citizenship, the reason for your trip, and the length of your stay.
Requirements For a Dubai Tourist Visa
- A color scan of the first and last pages of your legitimate passport.
- A color scan of your passport-sized photos with a white backdrop with a matte finish.
- Return flight reservation.
Eligibility Criteria For Dubai Tourist Visa Application
To allow the officials to evaluate your application, you should indicate clearly:
- Why are you in Dubai
- How long do you plan to remain in Dubai
- How will you sustain yourself while in Dubai
- What is the reason for your travel to Dubai
- What kind of passport do you have and how long is it valid
- Where do you plan to go after your vacation to Dubai
- Whether you have a permit to visit the nation where you want to go following your stay in Dubai
Now that you have read this article, you know the difference between a Dubai residence visa and a Dubai tourist visa. So choose between them as per your need, and register for the visa. After getting your visa approved, pack your bags and visit Dubai.