difference in dubai tourist visa and residence visa
- Author- Ayushi
- Publish Date-
People often ask if it is necessary to have a tourist visa or residence visa to visit Dubai. The answer is it depends on your nationality and the purpose of your visit.
Different nations have different requirements for visiting Dubai. The Dubai tourist and residence visas are two different types of visas available to individuals who want to visit or live in Dubai. A tourist visa is a short-term visa issued for a stay of 6 months or less, and a residence visa is a long-term visa issued for a stay of more than 6 months. The main difference between the two visas is the permission that they give for you to stay in Dubai.
This article contains all the helpful information regarding Dubai residence visas and Dubai tourist visas. Read this article to find out all about it. After reading the article, you can decide which is the better-suited visa for you and register for that visa.
Dubai Residence Visa
A Dubai residency visa is provided to a foreigner who has already reached the nation using an entrance permit. Only sponsors who satisfy the conditions of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) may request a foreigner a residence visa.
A resident visa requires the individual being sponsored to take a medical examination, demonstrate that he or she is medically healthy, and clear a security screening.
The length of the trip on a residence visa differs depending on the category and sponsor. It might be for a year, two years, or three years.
The GDRFA will stamp the passport with a resident visa allowing him to move quickly in and out of the UAE for the visa term, given the length of the trip does not cross six months, or the residence visa will be immediately cancelled.
A residency visa for the UAE provides the bearer with several advantages, including:
- You have the option of opening a bank account.
- You can obtain a bank loan (personal or car loan)
- You have visa-free travel to several countries.
- Your children can join either public or private schools.
- You can obtain your driver's license.
- You can get government health care and health insurance.
Who is Eligible For A Dubai Residence Visa?
To be eligible for a UAE Residence Visa, you must fall into one of the below classifications:
- You will work in the UAE for either a government office or a private enterprise.
- You will attend a UAE educational institution to study.
- You are a dependent of a UAE national or foreign citizen (child, parent, maid, or a close relative)
- You have invested money in the United Arab Emirates.
- You have acquired real estate in the UAE.
- You plan on retiring in the UAE.
Requirements For a Dubai Residence Visa
"These are essential Dubai residence visa requirements you must meet to secure your residency." (15 words)
- The UAE Visa Application form may be accessed online or in a typing centre.
- Your authentic passport
- Two passport-sized photographs, following UAE visa photo criteria
- Your visa for entrance
- Evidence of your sponsor's lawful residency/citizenship in the UAE
- Evidence that you have cleared a medical fitness test
- Evidence of UAE health insurance coverage
- Include documentation of family links, such as birth/marriage documents, when applying for a family visa.
- When applying for a work visa, your sponsor must submit the job contract and copies of the company's legitimate trade license and a valid firm card.
Read Also: Know More Of Dubai Visit Visa Requirements
Dubai Tourist Visa
A Dubai tourist visa is a document that allows individuals to visit Dubai, one of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) most popular destinations, for leisure, tourism, or family visits. This type of visa is typically issued for short to medium-term stays and is suitable for tourists, business travellers, and those wishing to explore Dubai's cultural and recreational attractions.
Dubai offers various options for tourist visas, including:
1. Dubai Tourist Visa 30-Day: Visitors can stay in Dubai for up to 30 days.
2. Dubai Tourist Visa 90-Day: With this visa, you can extend your stay in Dubai for up to 90 days.
Tourist visas are single-entry or multiple-entry, meaning you can enter Dubai once or exit and re-enter during the visa's validity, depending on your visa type.
Dubai Tourist Visa Apply: You usually need a local sponsor, such as a hotel, travel agency, or an individual residing in the UAE, who will take responsibility for your visit. It's important to remember that Dubai Tourist visa rules and regulations can change, and your nationality and the type of tourism visa you want can affect the requirements. You should check with the relevant authorities or agencies for accurate and up-to-date information on Dubai visa requirements.
Requirements For a Dubai Tourist Visa
Here are essential Dubai tourist visa requirements you must fulfil before planning your trip to the city.
- A colour scan of the first and last pages of your legitimate passport.
- A colour scan of your passport-sized photos with a white backdrop and matte finish.
- Return flight reservation.
Eligibility Criteria For Dubai Tourist Visa Application:
To allow the officials to evaluate your application, you should indicate clearly:
- Why are you in Dubai
- How long do you plan to remain in Dubai
- How will you sustain yourself while in Dubai
- What is the reason for your travel to Dubai
- What kind of passport do you have, and how long is it valid
- Where do you plan to go after your vacation to Dubai
- Whether you have a permit to visit the nation where you want to go following your stay in Dubai
Dubai Tourist Visa Cost
Here are the prices for adult Dubai tourist visas, including medical insurance (COVID):
- 14 days tourist visa fee: AED 399
- 30 days tourist visa fee: AED 409
- 60 days tourist visa fee: AED 649
- 90 days tourist visa fee: AED 1499
The prices for multiple-entry Dubai tourist visas, including medical insurance (COVID):
- 30 days Multi-Entry Visa: AED 825
- 60 days Multi-Entry Visa: AED 1100
In conclusion, the distinction between Dubai tourist and residence visas lies in their purpose and duration. Tourist visas are short-term permits for leisure or business visits, while residence visas grant longer stays for individuals who intend to live and work in Dubai. Understanding these differences is crucial when planning your stay in this dynamic city.
1. Ferrari World Attractions To Visit In Dubai
2. How Will Be Apply For A Dubai Visa Process