uae visit visa and tourist visa extension
- Author- Aarohi
- Publish Date-
If you are planning a trip to the United Arab Emirates, you may need a visa. The UAE has a strict visa policy and will not allow visitors without one. Visitors can obtain visas from their local embassy or consulate or online. A UAE visit visa is a document that allows a foreign national to enter the United Arab Emirates for a specific purpose, usually tourism or business. The UAE visit visa validity may vary depending on the authority that will issue it, but it is generally valid for between 30 and 90 days. UAE visitors must submit a completed application form, along with certain important documents, to an embassy or consulate, to obtain a visit visa.
Different types of Visas
UAE visitors can apply for different types of visas. There are various types of visas that are available for visitors to the UAE.
- 14 Days- is a visa that is issued for 14 days, i.e, the applicant is allowed to stay for only 14 days. Such a type of visa requires 3-4 days for processing. Upon having this visa, a traveler is not allowed to extend his living days in UAE. It is a type of tourist visa issued to a person for tourism purposes.
- 30 Days- is a visa which is also a type of Tourist Visa, issued for 30 days stay in the UAE. This type of visa required 3-4 days for processing the visa. The traveler is not allowed to stay more than 30 days.
- 90-Days- is a type of visa issued for a 90-day stay in the UAE, is also a tourist visa issued to a traveler for tourism purposes. It requires 3-4 days for processing the visa. As the embassy granted the traveler's visa, he would not be allowed to stay in UAE for more than 90 days.
- 48 Hours- those traveling to the country for less than 48 hours may obtain this particular type of visa. Even if staying for such a minimal period, the person who comes under this program may have an opportunity to remain in the country for 2 days.
- 96 Hours- this Transit Visa is a short-term visa, valid for 30 days, you can purchase it before you arrive in Dubai, and is for stays of up to 96 hours (4 days). Transit passengers in Dubai Airport for at least eight hours are eligible for a 96-hour Transit Visa.
The two extension visa are:
- 30 Days Visa Extension: this is a type of visa which is issued to a traveler for the extension of his stay in the country. The application for this visa can be done without leaving the country. Those who apply for this visa can extend their stay in the country by 30 days.
- 90 Days Visa Extension: this is a type of visa which is issued to a traveler for the extension of his living days in that country for 90 days. An applicant can apply for this visa without leaving the country.
Document required for the extension of visa:
- Colored photocopy of the beginning and ending page of the visitor's passport.
- The visitor passport should be legal for at least 6 months.
- A colored photocopy of the visitor's passport-size photo should be taken with a white background.
- Old visa copy of UAE.
For getting the Emirates country visa you need to submit some authorized documentation that ensures the traveler’s data authenticity, the documents are-
- Need to provide the booking details of the flight and hotels.
- Medical reports are also essential.
- After submitting all the documents, if it is found valid then the applicant's visa request will be approved.
Ways to renew the visa:
1. Go to the DNDR office: You can go to the Department of Naturalisation and Residency Department and pay the fees for an extension and you won’t be required to leave the country in this situation.
2. Go for ‘Visa Run’: you can quit the country anytime, and then go for a ‘visa run’ and go back to UAE.
3. Get a visa through flight: In this process, the visitor is required to bear some extra expenses. After landing in another country, the visitor instead of going out of the airport takes the flight back to UAE and then gets his visa at UAE airport which is valid for hardly 30 or 60 days.
4. Or apply online which is the easiest way.
Procedures for Applying for a Visa:
1: Visa application for Dubai can be filled out: Choose your country and visa type to which you wish to move, fill in a visa application form, and submit supporting paperwork.
2: Visa fees need to be paid: Choose the payment option that pays visa fees: PayPal Credit / Debit card. Receive confirmation of payment in the mail.
3: Now get your e Visa: You are then required to verify your visa status online. Once your passport is approved, download it. After your visa is approved, be ready to go to Dubai.
Fees for Visas:
- 30-Days Visa Extension- The cost of this visa is $450 for a single entry.
- 90-Days Visa Extension- The cost of this visa is $500 for a single entry.
- 30-Days Visa Extension- it comes with a validity of 58 Days.
- 90-Days Visa Extension- it comes with a validity of 90 Days.
In conclusion, the UAE offers a variety of visas to suit the needs of different visitors. The easiest visa to obtain is the visa on arrival, which can be obtained at the airport upon arrival in the UAE. In this article, you can get to know which visa suits you the best and every detail about the different types of visas. The transit visa is perfect for those who need to stay in the UAE for a few days while transiting between flights.