how to attain a dubai retirement visa
- Author- Vijaya
- Publish Date-
One of the most popular travel destinations in the Middle East right now in Dubai. In addition to its beautiful beaches and amazing architecture, Dubai offers travelers a wide selection of activities like shopping, sightseeing, and entertainment. Both the world's largest mall and the highest skyscraper, the Burj Khalifa, are situated in Dubai. One such location that consistently offers travelers exciting plans is Dubai. But is there anything more intriguing than this? For those looking for retirement vacations, the sun-kissed lovely city in the UAE has recently launched a retirement visa. This is the location where one can savour the finer things in life including retired living.
Foreign nationals and expatriates are eligible to live in the City of Gold for five years after they retire under the city's "retirement programme," which was just revealed. You must be 55 years of age or older and satisfy one of the requirements listed below in order to be eligible for a Dubai Retirement Visa:
- You invest at least AED 2 million in real estate in Dubai.
- You have at least AED 1 million in financial reserves.
- You receive an active monthly income from investments or a pension of at least 20,000 AED.
If you still match the requirements, the Retirement Visa for Dubai can be extended for an additional five years.
Read Also: HOW TO GET YOUR HANDS ON DUBAI MUSEUM OF FUTURE TICKETS
Prime terms to focus on before applying
- Only Dubai residents and their spouses may submit an application for the retirement visa program's initial round. Foreigners will thereafter be able to access the programme.
- The visa is valid for five years.
- The visa can be automatically renewed online (if you continue to meet the eligibility criteria)
- Retirees are eligible to work independently. They might serve as board members or advisors, to mention a few roles.
- Filing an application for health insurance is required.
- It typically takes 15 days to complete an application.
- Another option is to sponsor a child's study visa in Dubai.
Read Also: HERE IS HOW YOU CAN PREPARE YOURSELF WITH APPROPRIATE DRESSING WHILE IN DUBAI
Where to apply
One needs to submit an application to get a Dubai retirement visa. Following is the general application procedure:
- Use the Dubai Visit Visa Online, a dependable platform designed to make the Dubai visa application procedure simple for everyone, to submit an E-visa application online.
- Please keep all the documents required to submit a Dubai retirement visa application and upload them as necessary.
- Select the most appropriate payment option and submit your application fees.
- Once your visa has been granted, you can book a flight to Dubai.
Advantages of retiring to Dubai
There are a number of strong arguments in favor of retiring in Dubai.
- With low crime rates, Dubai is typically a fairly safe location to live. There is a crime, of course, just like anywhere else in the globe, but it's primarily minor stuff. The UAE's tight rules are largely to blame for the relatively low rates of violent crime.
- The healthcare standards in Dubai are some of the best in the world, even matching those in Europe and the US, despite the fact that foreigners must pay for private treatment. Therefore, you won't have to worry about the calibre of medical care you will get if you can afford to retire in Dubai.
- Due to the high percentage of ex-pats, Dubai has a very diversified population, giving you the opportunity to interact with various cultures and pick up new skills.
- English is a language that many people in Dubai can comprehend and speak; some even refer to it as an unofficial second language. So long as you speak English, conversing should not be an issue.
Read Also: PROCEDURE FOR SPONSORING SOMEONE IN DUBAI
Potential Drawbacks of Retiring in Dubai
No matter how attractive of a place for retirement in Dubai can be, there are still a few things you should keep in mind, the most important of which being:
- Despite not paying income tax, living expenses in Dubai can be quite costly. After all, the opulent lifestyle that many inhabitants lead is not inexpensive.
- Although having bright weather all year long sounds wonderful, the average monthly temperature from June to September is 33.4°C (92.2°F), which can be uncomfortable. Dubai has a scorching, desert climate, and most residents choose to spend their days indoors where it's cool.
- The tight restrictions in Dubai may come as a bit of a shock to you if you are from a Western nation. There are several things you might be used to doing without consequence but which, if done in Dubai, could land you in legal problems. This includes holding hands in public, clothing "immodestly," using foul language or derogatory gestures (even online!), consuming alcohol or eating on public transportation, as well as giving to charities or maintaining a filthy vehicle.
- Despite having a wide variety of cultures, the UAE is primarily Muslim. This indicates that it adheres to Mulsim legislation, which includes the Ramadan fast.
Read Also: HOW CAN PAKISTANIS GET A DUBAI VISA
This article focuses on the steps and procedures to attain a Dubai retirement visa. Hopefully, by reading this article you have a clear idea about it. In case you still have doubts you can seek the help of the experts by visiting Dubai Visit Visa Online. You can also attain a Dubai visa from here using simple steps. The professional staff ensures that your application is in the most appropriate form before forwarding it to the officials that assure the success rate of your visa approval.